Makes two large trays- approximately 50 x cm square crackers
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown flaxseed
1 cup organic sunflower seeds
1 cup organic pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/2 cup black or white chia seeds
2 tbsp brewers yeast (found in a health food store or online)
2 tbsp organic coconut sugar, maple syrup or melted honey/rice malt
2 tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
Generous pinch of quality salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups of water
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Cover, and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Tip half the mixture out onto a lined baking sheet. With a strong, straight edged glass roll the mixture out to 3mm thick between another piece of baking paper.
- Score the top of the rolled mixture with a sharp knife into the desired size of your crackers. Repeat with the remaining half of the mixture on another baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees or until the edges of the crackers are starting to brown. The centre of the crackers should be quite stiff and dry. If needed reduce the temperature of the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into pieces with a sharp knife.
- Cool completely before storing in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
- Enjoy with avocado, ricotta, grated vegetables, hummus, or cheese or a quick and nourishing meal or snack.
<< Previous Emma's healthy Frittata for expecting and new mums | Back to Blogs | Next >> Erica's Ultimate Green Smoothie for New Mothers
Click the thumbnails below to view image gallery:
No reviews or comments so far. Be the first.Leave a comment