IMPORTANT - Until baby is secured inside the sling, always use one hand to safely support infant
Below you can find these instructions in a print friendly manner:
- Lift baby up on shoulder and then tuck legs under the sling hammock.
- Arrange baby into a deep seated position with sling hammock sitting under bottom. Lift baby slightly and re-adjust rings to the correct position if they have moved.
- Begin to lift the top edge or 'rail' up over the baby's back.
- Lift the top rail to top of baby's head to ensure there is enough fabric to offer good head and neck support if needed.
- Bring bottom rail under baby's bottom, with some of the fabric between you and baby to create a secure, deep seat.
- Bring all loose fabric around, from the back of sling to the front and 'trap' this loose fabric between the...
- Draw 'looseness' into the rings by pulling the sling tail across your body, section by section, towards the corresponding area you wish to tighten.
- To tighten the TOP section of your sling pull the TOP of the tail toward to TOP of the sling body, in the direction from which it came, and not down.
- Continue to adjust in the same manner for the MIDDLE section of sling.
- To tighten the BOTTOM edge or rail, sitting under your baby's bottom, pull the tail toward the BOTTOM of the sling body.
- Check that your baby is positioned comfortably and securely in a deep, wide 'squat', with the fabric extending from knee to knee.
- For the final adjustment, lift baby slightly and pull shoulder fabric over shoulder and away from your neck for maximum comfort and weight distribution.
- Your baby's knees should be positioned higher than their bottom, with their thighs supported to the back of the knee joint.
- Baby carriers should support the thigh and allow the legs to spread to keep the hips in a stable position. www.hipdysplasia.org
<< Previous How to create extra head and neck support in your Hug-a-Bub® Ring Sling | Back to How To Use The Traditional Ring Sling | Next >> Back Carry Position
No reviews or comments so far. Be the first.Leave a comment